SMOKED WILD TURKEY
In order to get the best results use a complete turkey. If a large turkey is used, tie the turkey upright by its legs
in the smoker.
If you like wild turkey we feel this recipe could become one of your favorites.
1. Wash and remove any excess fat from the surface of the meat.
2. Rub a liberal amount of salt and pepper to your taste over the entire surface of the turkey.
4. Fill the smoker water pan with water. Will normally require refilling one time.
5. We use a propane smoker and prefer using hickory that has been soaked in water for 24 hours to produce
6. Place the turkey in the smoker upright (tie up if required). We recommend using a long meat thermometer
placed in the thickest part of the breast to determine how the meat is cooked.
7. Cook with medium heat until cooked to your taste, normally a large turkey will take about six (6) hours.
8. A large turkey will serve approximately 8 to 10 adults or 5 outdoorsmen.
Note: We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have.